1. Koko the gorilla responds to a sad moment in her favorite film.
2. The parrot with the moving last words.
3. The fact that cows have best friends and get stressed when they are separated.
4. The two guide dogs who led their owners down 70 floors in the World Trade Center before the towers collapsed on September 11.
5. The Jack Russell Terrier who gave his life to rescue five children from wild dogs.
6. The beluga whale who saved a free diver who had cramped up 20 feet below the surface.
"I began to choke and sank even lower and I thought that was it for me – I was dead. Until I felt this incredible force under me driving me to the surface."
A Beluga whale named Mila had seen what was happening and sprang into action, guiding Yun safely back to the top of the pool.
7. The cat who can sense when someone is about to die.
One relative of two sisters who died in the nursing home said of Oscar's vigil, "Oscar's presence gave a sense of completion and contentment. Both women loved pets. Oscar brought a special serenity to the room. What's more peaceful than a purring cat? What sound more beautiful to fill one's ears when leaving this life?"
8. The Staffordshire bull terrier who protected her owner from a machete gang.
“I was trapped in the kitchen with Oi and one of the men. He raised the machete over my head," she said.
"Oi jumped up and bit his hand. He brought the machete down on her head but she still chased him out of the house. If she hadn’t gone for him I would have been dead. She saved my life.”
9. The gorilla who remembered his old friend.
10. The recent discovery that fish use tools to perform tasks.
11. The German Shepherd who has become a seeing eye dog for a blind spaniel.
12. The abused circus elephants who were reunited at an elephant sanctuary after 25 years apart.
13. The amazing story of Christian the lion.